It’s been just over 12 months since I left on my Fool’s Journey. On the one hand, it feels like yesterday but on the other it seems like a lifetime ago. So much and so little has changed in that time that I thought I’d give you a quick round up.
I’m still sleeping on my sister’s lounge living out of my backpack, actually I have several piles now so that’s progress. The closest I’ve come to work is nannying for my nephew, Madiba, which is more enjoyment than employment but has kept me afloat and held the necessity of re-entering the workforce at bay.
Both scenarios were intended as short-term stop-gaps that have carried on and afforded me the extraordinary luxury of tinkering away at various projects and getting my head together in this alternative universe. I can’t honestly say that I’ve found my feet again and if I had the money, I’d be an absolute flight risk – if I could just find someone to pay me to travel, I’d be a happy camper (though luxury accommodation is preferred!). I’m wide open to suggestions to that end!!!
I cut all my hair off, had a quick trip to hospital and have been hanging out with family and friends – old and new. I’ve emerged with a whole new outlook on life which has allowed me to see Sydney with fresh eyes and fall in love with it all over again.
Since being back, I’ve talked to regular readers of this blog and have been amused to discover that the various people I’ve mentioned around the way have emerged as characters in their own right with people who’ve never met them taking an interest in their news. To that end, I thought I’d give you an update on a few major life events of some of your favourites:
- TORONTO: Dawn and Sue were married late last year and are busy living happily ever after.
- VANCOUVER: Sadly, Tex (one of Mika’s beautiful 15 year old pugs) passed on and is greatly missed by his family and friends.
- LONDON: Vic and Pete missed me so much, they decided to replace me by making their own person – they are having a baby in August!
- THAILAND: At the beginning of this year, Sticky sadly passed away as well. Luckily, he wasn’t alone at the end and was in the care of the staff at Elephant Nature Park.
- SYDNEY: Matthew and I continue to walk a long and winding path to friendship.
- … and the one that seems to have garnered the most interest – Ryan is coming to Sydney later in the year.
So it looks like I’ll be playing tour guide if nothing else and getting out and about to explore more of Australia. Watch this space, you might even be treated to a new guest blogger!
Thanks again for joining me on this journey, stay tuned for the next one!